Saturday, March 17, 2012

Follow My Leader

Book Review: Follow My Leader
Author: James B. Garfield
1st published in 1957
Approximate reading level: 4th-8th

Mommy Mel says "This was an enjoyable book to read aloud. Jimmy was blinded by a fire cracker thrown by his friend Mike. He must learn to cope with his blindness. The breakthrough for Jimmy is when he has the opportunity to get a guide dog. Great lessons in overcoming and forgiveness. My girls enjoyed this book but it would be a very appealing book for boys."

8 yr. old Macy says "I learned alot about Braille. It was funny when Jimmy thought the walls should wear perfume so he could smell them before he ran into them. It seems that walking with a guide dog is so much better than walking with a cane. I think I could forgive Mike too but it would be hard."

                                                                 buy it from Amazon

2 comments:

  1. This looks excellent. My kids are recently fascinated with blind people since we just had our piano tuned by a lovely man who is in his 60's and who lost his sight at age 12. I'll have to look for this at the library:-).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane: Sonlight Core B... gotta love the book selections.

    ReplyDelete