Sunday, March 18, 2012

March Madness

     
     Here in Central NY, March Madness usually brings to mind NCAA Basketball and the SU Orangemen. I do not follow basketball (I know, crazy - right). March Madness to me this year has been the weather... Oh, it is not making me mad... it has been fantastic. CNY's temperatures have been 30 degrees above normal. Today we reach a record high of  80! So where does the madness come in? Well, every time I go outside I get this overwhelming urge to plant stuff. Shouldn't we all be planting tomatoes? I got out my trusty Square Foot Garden book (I'm a big fan of the square foot garden) where I had written in all the dates to plant. The average last frost for CNY is May 14th. My little notes say to start tomatoes inside on April 2 and transplant them outside on May 14th... but the weather just makes me want to plant, plant, plant... It's Madness. March Madness.
       What are all your garden plans?

*note: I am not complaining in the least... in fact, I'm enjoying the weather immensely! It just seems unreal especially since my family and I were skiing in a snow storm on March 9th


2 comments:

  1. Be sure to remind me when to start those seedlings. I am determined to have a garden. Last year we did get some tomatoes to grow. We have all this land & I feel guilty we are such bad gardeners. I am relieved I don't have to count on my success to actually feed the family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you want to borrow my square foot gardening book? I'm a rookie gardener but the book lays it all out in simple terms. And I love how easy it is to weed the little raised beds. xoxo

    ReplyDelete